• Register Today It's free!

Drivers seat rocking

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU EB
Anyone else have issues with the drivers seat rocking back in forth? This is my second PIU and both had this issue. My current vehicle is newer but the rocking seems worse.

Can’t see where the issue is coming from. The bolts that attach it to the body seem tight and it isn’t rocking back and forth from that location.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine moves a little when I get in and out, but it’s not major. Probably just a lot of use has loosened things up

Mine seems to move when I accelerate or brake hard.
I guess it depends on the amount of rocking. Something in the seat mechanics could be severely worn. I’d have it looked at if it seems like a potential dangerous situation.

Dealer is saying it needs a new seat track. They quoted $1600 for parts and labor. Looked at Varsity parts and it was around $700 for parts from them. I’m sure shipping would be a little salty too.
I might try my hand at removing the seat and hope it doesn’t require a new track.

Dealer is saying it needs a new seat track. They quoted $1600 for parts and labor. Looked at Varsity parts and it was around $700 for parts from them. I’m sure shipping would be a little salty too.
I might try my hand at removing the seat and hope it doesn’t require a new track.
It’s not a super common problem. Perhaps a junk yard would have some viable parts available.

It’s not a super common problem. Perhaps a junk yard would have some viable parts available.
I was thinking about that for plan B. Couple of places I called in my state haven’t called me back. I guess they really just want to sell the whole thing vs parting it out.

I was thinking about that for plan B. Couple of places I called in my state haven’t called me back. I guess they really just want to sell the whole thing vs parting it out.
Oh of course. Any opportunity to sell you more than what you need..I’m sure they’ll take that opportunity.

Oh of course. Any opportunity to sell you more than what you need..I’m sure they’ll take that opportunity.
It actually makes sense for a place that sells used parts since most customers would want the entire assembly. Selling just a part of the item may make it unsellable to anyone else.

Peter

It actually makes sense for a place that sells used parts since most customers would want the entire assembly. Selling just a part of the item may make it unsellable to anyone else.

Peter
If they have people coming in looking for that stuff sure, if they sell that kind of thing once a year or so..I’d take what I can get before it rusts or gets stolen or damaged from people digging other parts out.

finally got a yard to sell me a full set of seats. Didn't trust the PIUs they had but found a complete set of cloth seats from a regular 14 so everything will match. Need to clean them up but i cant wait to get them in. Each front was $100 with airbags and the rears were $100. I couldnt even find headrests on ebay for that price.
7-A832-B83-5-A50-4-A1-F-B2-B0-D6-C0101-EF359.jpg

finally got a yard to sell me a full set of seats. Didn't trust the PIUs they had but found a complete set of cloth seats from a regular 14 so everything will match. Need to clean them up but i cant wait to get them in. Each front was $100 with airbags and the rears were $100. I couldnt even find headrests on ebay for that price.
View attachment 341739
Bargain!

FB471942-F70-B-4-F8-C-9-F8-F-84-E6-B44791-C5.jpg

So much better. Rocking gone and the bolsters are so much betters

Back