Drivers side automatic window working intermitantly. Problems witRearview lamp delay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drivers side automatic window working intermitantly. Problems witRearview lamp delay

xFatcatx

Reaction score
City, State
PORTLAND OREGON
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SPORT
I just got the truck back from my dad so I havnt had to much time to mess with it, but the drivers side window only seems to roll up or down when the door is shut. 99' Sport/ 4wd/ 4.0 sohc/ 105k. The passenger door switch on the passenger door works fine weather open or closed. On the drivers side though neither switches work when the door is open. I am also not sure how to take the drivers side door panel off if I need to? Door locks have also been slugish and work intermitantly sometimes but that has been going on for 2 years now.

The headlight delay on the rearview mirror wont go off sometimes. I am worried about my sister getting stuck with a dead battery. This might be a stupid question but can I just cut the wire going to the rearview mirror? I never have found a use for the headlamp delay.....

Thanks

Bump. This thread needs some love.

Don't bother with the door panel. instead take the connector apart inside the door hinge area. Inside there you will find your broken wire--it was the light blue with black stripe which was broken in my son's truck giving the same symptoms. I spliced a small length of wire in -soldered the joints and covered them with shrink tube.

Don't bother with the door panel. instead take the connector apart inside the door hinge area. Inside there you will find your broken wire--it was the light blue with black stripe which was broken in my son's truck giving the same symptoms. I spliced a small length of wire in -soldered the joints and covered them with shrink tube.

Sorry for the late reply, been working crazy hours this week. Thanks I will get at this tomorrow.

Back