drivers side power window problem

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
It was working fine until yesterday when all of a sudden it wouldn't go up at all, until I took the trim panel off and helped it up. It sounds like something might be slipping but I have no idea what it could be. Also the window will still hold itself up if I try to just push it down. Any ideas of what I need to fix?

I hate my bronco II and myself right now. I hate the bronco II becuase on Wednesday my drivers side window stopped working. And I hate myself because well i'm stupid. First I had to take the old motor out. Which is pretty damn impossible you have to take out 3 bolts from inside the door with very little room to play around with. So I had to take the first one out an 1/8 of a turn at a time. Then I decided screw it, and pulled out the dremel and cut a couple more holes in the door so I could get a ratchet in there, then it came out pretty easy.
I called O'reilly's and ordered a new window motor, went and picked that up ($45) had to take it home and switch out the gears inside of it from the old one. Get home tear the old one apart and the gears are trashed ( I had suspected this was the problem all along, but the motor was slowly getting weaker before it died so I went ahead and bought the new motor first). So I had to go back and buy the gears ($16 for a little piece of plastic) and get the core charge back for the old motor.
Go home and put the new gears in the new motor, ok everythings going well, except not really. I had forgotten to take the power connector off of the old motor, so after dropping my mom off at physical therapy I had to go back to O'reilly's and get the plug. All of this taking me about 3 hours.
So finally I get the plug on, put the motor in and finally it all works, only took me 15 minutes to get the new one in. Oh well I guess at least it's working and I didn't have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have a shop do it.

Back