Driveshaft broke | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driveshaft broke

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn Hills(A-Hillz), Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT Ranger
I broke my driveshaft (one of the hoops on it broke off after the u joint broke). Its a 96,long bed, regular cab, 2wd,7 foot bed, 2.3l, auto. The driveshaft is ####ing impossible to find, i called everyone in the local yellow pages and even went to a few when they clamed to have it. Anyways i need to find one ASAP. I found a place who claims to have one they are about an hour away. The scarey thing, tho all they asked was if it was the year, 2wd or 4wd and the wheelbase (114inch).

SO:
Are all, 94-96, 2wd, 114inch wheel base, rangers (or B4000) drive shafts the same.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried your local junk yards and pick and pulls?

Positive Vibes said:
Have you tried your local junk yards and pick and pulls?

yeah i ment called every local junk yards when i said i called everything in the yellow pages. But i dunno what you ment by pick and pulls?

But it doesnt matter my question is:
Are all, 94-96, 2wd, 114inch wheel base, rangers (or B4000) drive shafts the same.

hey if your driveshaft has this type of joint at the t-case end, i have one sitting in the shed:

frontshaft98_c.jpg

EDIT: oh i didnt realize ur lookking for the rear one! sorry !!!

nope, i found one tho, $75 it was an hour away but i ####ing needed it

fantastic, ur all set then!

Yup i am set. But just to put the information down. The driveshaft for the 2.3/AT/7ft/reg cab/2wd/ranger/ must come from a 2.3/AT/7ft/reg cab/2wd/ranger/ The extended cab is differnt and so is the 6ft bed. Just because there are other rangers with the 114inch wheelbase doesn't mean there driveshaft will work. The junk yards will came they have it when they dont so be careful before you drive an hour to get one and find out its not the right one.

Ohh, and aluminum driveshafts cannot be repaired (btw the 2.3/AT/7ft/reg cab/2wd/ranger/ driveshaft is aluminum)

Back