driveshaft question

95offroadx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
i found that some rangers have a longer wheelbase then explorers, and right now my strock explorer one is maxed out with only a soa, and i need atleast another 2" of lift

83-'97 Ranger short bed 107.9"
'83-'97 Ranger long bed 113.9"
'86-'97 Ranger super cab short bed 125.4"
'91-'97 Explorer two door 101.7"
'91-'97 Explorer four door 111.5"

those are the wheelbases for those trucks, the long bed ranger is 2.4" longer then the 4dr x, soo would that rear driveshaft work in my case?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

some of the ranger shafts are not straight shafts. I bought a parts ranger a 94 extended cab and it was a two part system with a carrier bearing or whatever its called/

oh, i didnt know that, maybe just the extendedcabs are...

All extended cab Rangers have a 2 peice drive shaft. Instead of waisting time and money trying to find a used driveshaft that will fit you'll be ahead of the game by either having a new one built or your current one extended to the length you need.

I suggest getting one made. They are not expensive especially if you go down there with the Ends from you Stock shaft.
You need to measure from what would be the middle of your 'U' joint on the Transfer case to the what would be the middle of the 'U' joint at your rear axle. The Shaft guys will do the math so you have enough Spine movement without binding.

Something like $125

Back