• Register Today It's free!

Driving Lights

bigfoot8931

Reaction score
City, State
Farnborough
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 and 2000 North Face
I want to fit a pair of driving lights to the front of My 2000 North Face. A mechanic says it can't be done as the bumper is plastic. Any ideas on how to fit these extra lights to my North Face? I drive in a lot of country Lanes so need the extra light.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Clive

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excuse to get some tasty bull bars :D

I would but it would give the local plod another reason to pull me over! My reply now is, "I have 2 words for you officer......... police harassment!" lol

I dont suppose you are REME by any chance?

You could make up some angle brackets that would bolt on the the bumper mounts and give you the place to mount your lights. An L shaped piece with holes and slots. If you look at the inner mounts they are just bolts from the rear of the bumper.

do these mean I'm an outlaw

img000052010022112392.jpg

Seriously are they illegal?

Only if you are me. lol

I had spots mounted straight onto my bumper above the number plate bracket. I thought they looked quite tasteful.

Why the hell would anybody pull you in an Explorer - unless it's done up like and oversized Tonka??!!

The standard driving lamps are a potential problem though (unless the law has changed) as "lamps mounted below two feet may only be used in conditions of fog or falling snow". Not a lot of use having driving lamps then but of course we are all driving US imports!

Can't remember where the bull bar argument ended but we really don't want any of that feeble plastic s....te on our lovelies now do we boys!!

i have a 99 north face it has driving lights already fitted.if you have the square holes in the lower bumper driving lights from halfords fit in the space

Don't want poncy plastic bull bars. As for local plod, I couldnt tell you if bull bars are legal or not. As for the driving lights in the lower bumper as long aas they are over 150mm and come on with main beam they are legal. Checked with my insurance company.

iv converted my lower lights to HiDs, massive improvement

Back