• Register Today It's free!

DRL to Foglights

Barok

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Thinking of changing my headlights to HID. I want to route my DRL to my foglights on my 2010 STA to prolong the life of the HID ballast. I'm told that the only way to disable DRL is to visit my dealarship.

Has anyone tried to route their DRL to their foglights? Can someone direct me on how to do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a fuse that you could just remove? or would that disable your lights all together?

daytime running lights ?

must be a canadian thing ???? hell those HID kits are so cheap now days almost disposable anyway.

Yes it's Daytime Running Lights.

Is anyone using foglights as their DRL?

Yes it's Daytime Running Lights.

Is anyone using foglights as their DRL?

You will lose the DRL with HIDS and the HIDS will default to highbeam/DRL untill they are turned on.......does this with my 5005k kit........not sure whatb your kit is but if it is canadian and within the 5000 range then yours should be the same............My advice is buy an extra ballast, been through a couple in a year. Cheers!

Thinking of changing my headlights to HID. I want to route my DRL to my foglights on my 2010 STA to prolong the life of the HID ballast. I'm told that the only way to disable DRL is to visit my dealarship.

Has anyone tried to route their DRL to their foglights? Can someone direct me on how to do this?

I haven't done that but I have changed my headlights to the bixennon HIDs. The only problem I encountered was that the check head lamp warning kept coming on. So I built a 5 ohm resistor pack to trick the cpu so the error would no longer show up.

Has anyone tried to upgrade an Adrenalin foglights to HID's becase the bulb it PS24W instead of a 9145/9005?

Back