DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DRL's (Daytime Running Lights)

All I did on a 96 explorer is disconnected the DRL module. And everything worked fine...No problem with the high beams or the brake thingy...

But it may be different on newer models...

I never really tried. I just heard that there would be problems. Frankly cutting the wire was easier than farting around with another brittle connection and busting it ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unplugging the drl module dosent affect anything else, mines been unplugged for years.

Another option to keep fog lights on with High beams is just put tape over the the one prong of the relay and plug it back in, worked for me.

Cheers, Todd

Unplugging the drl module dosent affect anything else, mines been unplugged for years.

Another option to keep fog lights on with High beams is just put tape over the the one prong of the relay and plug it back in, worked for me.

Cheers, Todd

I have done that on sport trac's before...On my explorer I just cut the replay prong off...

drl shorting cap

Would anyone have one of the drl shorting caps that they would be willing to part with. For 1998 exploere I am in Canada and they are not available here Please reply to my email address

thanks

Lance

Why all this trouble? Check your owners manual for the fuse in the box/panel under the hood. Much easier and reversable.

Back