Drove a 2002 Caddy Deville last night | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drove a 2002 Caddy Deville last night

jjue

Elite Explorer<br>sXc Member
Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Nissan Titan CC LE
It's not exactly the car of choice for me, but once I got use to some of the controls (which some are similar to Ford instead of other GM vehicles), not too bad. I had to finish the drive back from the coast last night after helping my relatives who were in charge of inventory for a dealership on the coast. Nicely loaded and very smooth. I can't believe that it's been several years since I last drove a car, that it was a drastic change. The only think that I can't figure out is that it seemed to have an exhaust leak or something that my cousin and I could hear, but my uncle couldn't hear it. I definitely would mind driving it again although it's definitely not the first choice of vehicles for my to buy since I'm quite partial to blue ovals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you pop the hood? What was under there?

The hood was already popped when my cousin and I went to the bodyshop to see if the car was ready. It only had the 275 HP 4.6L Northstar V8. My uncle said that the Seville SLS that he had previously was a little peppier, but that may be due to being slightly (maybe 100 lbs.) lighter. Nonetheless, it drove smoothly. I was mainly impressed that I didn't have to stare at some of the controls at midnight on the highway because most GM controls confuse me.

I'm curious, is there any kind of car out there that is virtually silent? For a Caddy, I would expect to hear nothing but silence.

Shane

Cadillac SLS!

I bought my wife a Cadillac SLS last month and I tell you - what a wonderful wonderful vehicle. I can't say enough about it and all the little gizmos it has - and I'd have to say it has the best ride of any car out there (I can actualy sleep in it while it's moving!). Power - wow, lots of it and the color (white diamond) is absolutely beautiful!

Ry.

Originally posted by 98EBV8
I'm curious, is there any kind of car out there that is virtually silent? For a Caddy, I would expect to hear nothing but silence.

Shane
Lexus LS430, and Lincoln Towncar are the quietess that I've been in (and I've been in everything from CL600's, Bentleys, Cadillac ect. ect. not that their loud or anything). The LS430 has to be the most silent car ever, a friend took his moms' out, we were going 120mph on I-95 and it felt like we were doing 30mph, no wind or road noise whatsoever at that speed. My grandparents Towncar was quiet, I say was because my grandfather had flowmasters on it, but decided they were to loud (didn't know he bought the 40 series) and had Magnaflows installed, sounds like a mellow Cobra comming up the road. The only thing you hear in the towncar even at 90mph and above is the slight exhaust rumble, and its like being on a magic carpet with its ride.

Back