• Register Today It's free!

Dual exhaust system

offroadLAX

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' XLT
does anyone know how to make a dual exhaust system on a 99 explorer? Would I have to move my tire to the roof or trunk?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

uhmmm a x pipe and bend it to fit where you need......i know on my 94 they went around everything and i can still fit a stock spare....to bad my tires are 36's tho.

you can but it has some tricky bends it'll probaily heat up your gas a little, i took out my spare tire to get mine on to not have this happen cause warm gas = less power

true that.

Easier to make 'side exit' dual exhaust......cut downpipe 'Y', then 90o some pipes from engine to running boards, 90o again, straight towards rear or X, add mufflers, short pcs. of pipe, 90o pipes towards sides of X......is what I'm gonna have the exhaust shop here do 4 me :)

Easier to make 'side exit' dual exhaust......cut downpipe 'Y', then 90o some pipes from engine to running boards, 90o again, straight towards rear or X, add mufflers, short pcs. of pipe, 90o pipes towards sides of X......is what I'm gonna have the exhaust shop here do 4 me :)

you gotta have them bend pipes down to get past your frame then bend back up to be close to your running board or it looks bad imo plus theres not much room to do any kind of good exhaust, just remember the more turns and the more bends, the more heat you keep under your truck

thanks for the advice... does anyone have any pictures or know of any i can see and copy off of?

ahh u got ride of the lightning style exhaust!
u like this exhaust better??

is it as loud?

No its not loud but i do like it better. Its MUCH faster now and seems to have TONS more torque that i never had before. Even with my 34'' tires it gets up and goes. Im gettin a flowmaster single chamber muffler put on as soon as i can so it will be loud again and i will keep the extra power and "tuned" sound that i have accomplished now. Its freakin sweet....

At this time i would like to say that i HIGHLY RECOMMEND removing all 4 cats if you want more power and more torque and an "old school" muscle car sound. I have had no CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS at all and its been a week since i got it done.....i hate the smell of it tho.

-Colton

have u scand the obd 2 to see if there were any codes
i cant believe that there are no check engine light!

and ur sayin it runs better!
wow would of never thought that

that's what I needed... thanks for the help guys

one other thing... were those the flowmaster 40's in that video?

Back