Dual Exhaust

Mike02

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Question!!
I have a 02 explorer and would like to up-grade to dual exhaust.
Went to my local custom exhaust shop and they said it could not be done because of the rear independent suspension.

Is this true or not? If so how about larger single exhaust. Not looking for real loud sound but just some better performance Just put on a K&N air filter system and noticed a bit more power now need to get that extra air going in OUT the rear if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're thinking about duals for performance, its a waste of money. A good system with a 2.5 tubing with a good muffler will be best of the 4.0L. I assume thats what you have. If you're going for looks, it can be done, just not sure if you can keep your spare underneath or not.

Shop said due to the gas lines and other stuf on the passenger side it could not be done.

Try a super C turbo muffler with dual in and 3 inch out. It sounds good and is alot quiter than a flowmaster 3 baffler and cheaper too. A good muffler shop should do it for about 70 dollars for the muffler installed and 65 for the tail pipe.

Super C turbo muffler

Try a super C turbo muffler that is dual in and 3 inch exhaust out. You can go either 2.5 or 3 inch tailpipe. A good muffler shop can do it for less than 150.00. I tried a flowmaster 3 baffle 50 series, but it was too loud in the rear seat area for my little girl.

Correction $913

If it was me I would go more for sound since you really cant expect much performance, I like flowmaster original 40's , but since you dont want it loud you would probally wanna go with the 50 series. Not alot of cab noise and more subtle than the 40.
And you can get the muffler new $40-$50 of ebay and have it installed cheap.

-97Xplor

Summit Racing has it for around $815, but that's still too expensive!

Back