• Register Today It's free!

dual HO alts

ohiosplX

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
hey all im new and im building a SPL/demo 2000 X sport 4.0 SOHC with a 16V setup. 2 18s in a 4th order wall and roughly 20K watts.

i have been searching for a long time now for a dual alt bracket but have had no luck. i know i will have to have one fabbed up inplace of the AC.

Does anyone here have dual alts that may be able to send me the plans for the bracket or possibly have one that is fabbed already? def have PAYPAL funds to send for this right one!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i realize that that is some serious wattage, but what is the largest opssible output for a single alt?
couldnt,(have ) you checked around for a rebuild shop that does alt's and starters ect...

when i had my V8 Fiero i had a GM one switched to a 1 wire setup and had the guy locally rebuild it and bump it up to a higher output
is it possible to have a monster one built?

i realize that that is some serious wattage, but what is the largest opssible output for a single alt?[/B][/B]couldnt,(have ) you checked around for a rebuild shop that does alt's and starters ect...

when i had my V8 Fiero i had a GM one switched to a 1 wire setup and had the guy locally rebuild it and bump it up to a higher output
is it possible to have a monster one built?

i think its roughly 350-400A for the biggest i can get...but since im running both 12v and 16v. i will need a seperate charging system for the 16v side which will be charginat at 18v...i could just run a few stepdowns but given the off chance something goes wrong i could fry the entire electrical system in the X and thats not a risk im willing to take lol. so dual alts is a must for me.

just mount a generator to the roof :)

lol if it was only that simple lol na but fo real anyone know where to get a bracket in place of the AC pump for a second alt?

i seen two alt on a x on yoputube

thanks bro1 i left a comment on how they got one.

Back