Dual Mufflers on 96??? help me out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual Mufflers on 96??? help me out

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Ok- i am wanted to get another custom exhaust built. I want to fit dual 3 chamber flowmasters under my truck where the stock muffler sits. Has anyone done this and is there enough room. right now I have a single flowmaster with dual in/out and I want true duals- with hi-flow cat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which supercharger did you go with? was it new? what did it run you, if I might ask? and have you dynoed it?

Explorer Express has a true dual system for '99-'01s but not for the 96-98s yet. I'm sure they could tell you if it will fit if you contact them.
I'm going to visit a few local shops into the next month and see if they can run custom dual pipes out the back from a dual in/out flowmaster and how much it will cost.

CougarX-

I did e-mail explorer express last night. I do want flowmasters though- nothing sounds better...
I have the dual in/out flowmaster muffler right now. I had the whole system made for $200... came out great... i just want to go true dual, with 2 1/2", andnew stainless tips

Tekeman-

I have the powerdyne. I bought it new with the 6lb pulley. It ran $2500 if I remember correctly- was a while ago- they are down even more i believe... I am now up to the 9lb pulley and am thinking about going 11lbs. I want to upgrade to the stronger belt though. Its a pretty gopod street blower.. not designed for drag racing though. I do like it and installed very easy... one of the only companys making a direct bolt on blower for a mustang is I remember right..... with a little hacking and suck you could bolt on a vortech and or paxton... but this was my first blower install and I didnt feel like hacking.... installed in about 4hrs... minus the fuel pump- did that the next day.
I have never dyno'd it with just the blower- but with my other mods and blower it was just under 300rwhp... I really need a set of heads, polished intake, more boost(11lbs) and maybe a 331 - 347 stroker kit on of these days-

Back