• Register Today It's free!

e park brake

Dan368

Reaction score
City, State
Drummonds
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 explorer st redline
greetings everyone. Thanks for the add. I have a 2022 Explorer Redline edition, all-wheel drive. I have a question about the parking brake. I have issues with it when shifting from drive to reverse, for some reason it automatically comes on and then won't let the car move, especially when on any kind of incline. It also just seems like the trans doesn't want to shift from drive to reverse and back to drive without a huge delay and the parking brake not wanting to release or is very slow to release. The manual says you can turn it off but when I follow the display I don't see any mention of the parking brake. I found treads on parking brake issues, but they did not mention issues when shifting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum Dan. :wave:
I believe another member mentioned the same thing about the ebrake engaging when going from 'D' to 'R'. That is not normal and not the way it should work. Also, I did not see anything in the Manual stating that the auto engagement of this feature can be turned OFF.
My suggestion is to take the vehicle to the dealer and have them check it out.

Peter

Back