Early model PIU fog lamp indicator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Early model PIU fog lamp indicator

TJP249

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Anne Arundel County MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 PIU Ecoboost
Callsign
N3LHD
Has anyone been successful in getting the fog lamp indicator to work? I added the switch/module with auto headlamps and fog light button. I was successful in getting auto headlights working, and the fog light circuit works fine (pinned the connector on BCM and get voltage when engaged). However, when using FORScan to activate front fog lamp indicator, it throws a BLIS error. That’s using the FORScan recommended setting. I have tried a couple as built settings from the usual spreadsheets but they are a no go also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone been successful in getting the fog lamp indicator to work? I added the switch/module with auto headlamps and fog light button. I was successful in getting auto headlights working, and the fog light circuit works fine (pinned the connector on BCM and get voltage when engaged). However, when using FORScan to activate front fog lamp indicator, it throws a BLIS error. That’s using the FORScan recommended setting. I have tried a couple as built settings from the usual spreadsheets but they are a no go also.

I can't help with the foglight issues. But what did it take to get the auto headlights to work? I saw it can be added on the 16+ but nothing for anything older (13+)

Headlight switch, from junk yard
Sun sensor and pigtail, from junk yard
A few BCM connectors, from junk yard

A few changes in FORScan in the BCM

I will try to write up a more detailed response over the weekend if I can get some time.

Headlight switch, from junk yard
Sun sensor and pigtail, from junk yard
A few BCM connectors, from junk yard

A few changes in FORScan in the BCM

I will try to write up a more detailed response over the weekend if I can get some time.
Hey, happened on this thread...did you ever document these steps by chance? I saw another thread, same car, wondering it your steps were the same?

Unfortunately that didn't work, as I have a 2014 PIU.

However, I had some time today to sit and flip bits. I've just about found everything possible on the IPC at this rate.

I found the Fog Light Indicator on the 2014 PIU finally. It is located at 720-01-01: xxxx x..* xxzz.
The full rundown of 720-01-01 xxxx x..* xxzz:
0-1, 8-9 - No Fog Lamp, No TPMS
2-3, A-B - TPMS
4-5, C-D - Fog Light Indicator
6-7, E-F - TPMS, Fog Light Indicator.

headlight switch w/ auto headlights
sun sensor (no wiring needed)
enable with pre-prgrammed features. that's it.

headlight switch w/ auto headlights
sun sensor (no wiring needed)
enable with pre-prgrammed features. that's it.

Can you be a touch more specific? Part numbers are especially helpful.

I have a 2013 PIU and would love fogs and auto headlights. Many threads via search, few answers.

Back