Sold - eaton m112 supercharger 96-01 302 5L explorers kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sold eaton m112 supercharger 96-01 302 5L explorers kit

Sold
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg

i am selling the eaton m112 supercharger that i had on my explorer
this is a eaton m112 that was on the 03-04 mustang cobra's that i adapted to fit under the hood of the 2nd gen explorers.
i had this on my explorer for around 5 years with basically no problems what so ever and was also very driveable with the correct tuning
what you will get
eaton m112 supercharger head unit
Reichard Racing 2.8 supercharger pulley
fabricated mount to fit supercharger onto a explorer lower intake
TMOSS ported lower explorer intake
fabricated intake elbow that can except 98-01 external egr valve (will also include a block off if you have a 96-97 or want to delete egr system) this elbow can also except a throttle body up to 80mm
fabricated coil mount
fabricated tube from maf to throttle body
fabricated pulley bracket
trickflow fuel rails
aem water meth kit (no tank)
as much hardware as possible (you may have to buy a few bolts and nuts)

what you need to get
a remote fuel pressure regulator (aftermarket)
2 spacers that go in behind the pulleys that are on the pulley bracket (i have the measurements)
2 spacers for behind pulley bracket (i have the measurements)
silicon couplers to join your throttle body to the intake tube and from the tube to your maf (ebay)
the correct lenght belt (i can give you the one that was on it, but it will be at least a inch longer, but it may get you in the ballpark)
new plug wires because the coil packs are hung off the side of the supercharger and no longer in factory location.

i also can email you a copy of instructions that i have from a old ee supercharger kit that can help guide you with the install of this supercharger

the bad
there is one small scratch on one of the rotors. i tried to get a picture of it, but it wouldnt show.
the mount was made from alum, and when the person welded it it warped it, but once its bolted down it comes into shape.
they are used parts. they will not be spotless, they well come the way i pulled them off the truck
the tube between the throttle body and maf has been drilled for holes for items that i have had in the past, and sealed over with black tape. they still hold, but if you need or want can use them for what ever you may need, or put plugs in them.
coil pack bracket has broke in the past. i had to make new tabs for it then screw them onto it.

the only thing i am wanting to keep from this that is in the picture is the screw/bolt on the front of the supercharger pulley if i am able to get it off. the pulley is a press on so it will not fall off or spin off if it is not there.

you will need to have some skills putting this kit on. if you have never turned a wrench, you may want to hire someone. i have tried to dumb it down a lot when i made this so its not too complicated but you will need some thinking for somethings

shipping.
i live in canada, do not be surprised if shipping is over $100 or more. buyer will pay actual shipping cost. if you want insurance on it (recommended) that is also on you.

payment
i will except paypal in u.s. funds, you will pay any and all paypal fees. if you live in canada, i can except etransfer, but that also will be in u.s. funds.
payment will be made in full before i will ship it out. i have been a member here for 10 plus years and have a good standing here as well.

if you need help or cant figure something out while putting this on your truck, i will be more then happy to try and help you anyway i can. in otherwords, it wont be you bought it, its your problem, not mine

if you have any questions PLEASE ASK before buying. i will answer what i can as honestly as i can

6.jpg

7.jpg

TMOSS lower ported explorer intake on top, stock explorer intake on the bottom

8.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any trades? LOL Wish I had 3K to spend!

and its also obo. if price is close to what i want i may even eat the shipping depending where it goes

What kind of boost was you seeing? I was gping to go this route myself

i think i had around 6-7 pounds when it was on the 302 without the meth kit. it also depended on how hot it was outside. colder air, more boost.

How much $$ will end up going into tuning this? What would be the typical HP gain bolting this to a stock block? With that said, what else needs changed up other than mentioned? Cam, injectors, fuel pump, headers, etc...?

Just trying to get a ballpark idea, on what would be spent total for this mod, after it's all said and done. Yes, I know that's not something you probably wanted to keep track of during the build, as it can sting a bit. I get that, but for someone like me to invest into something like this, it would make or break a decision to go thru with it. :)

Last edited:

as the old saying goes, speed = money. how fast do you want to go.
i cant say typical hp gain, because i didnt have it on the dyno with either motor. when the EE m90 kit was on the 302 it made (without digging into my thread) 255-260 hp, and around 335 tq at the wheels. that supercharger was smaller. i would guess you would make around 20 more at the wheels, but i cant say for sure. i believe the 302 were around 225 ish at the flywheel so i will once again guess it would be around 150-160 at the wheels counting for driveline loss.
you will need tuning for this. you will want to get a hand held device (i use a sct) and also a wideband (i use a innovate lc1) as well as you can either do datalog email tuning (i used don lastoa and was very happy with him) or buy a pro racer package, and tune it yourself, but you need to know how to do some tuning (i have a member on the forum that does my tuning).
you will also want to get a MAF (90mm lightning was used for the longest time) and either 36-42 injectors. before getting those, i would suggest contacting your tuner of choice to see what they would recommend.
you can use the stock cam. i had put a stock fox body (87-93) in my motor way before i got the blower and it worked fine.
you dont have to get headers, but they do help.
you might be able to get away with the stock pump, but once again i would ask the tuner about that one (i have a walbro 225 in mine)
the cost of tuning also depends on what the tuner charges you.
you may want to get a larger throttle body, but the stock one can be used.
most if not all of the parts wanted or needed can be found on corral.net, or thats where i bought most of mine for the truck over the years used and everything has worked fine.

I might be getting some truck money next month after Halloween....... I would buy this right now if all my $$$$ was not already tied up!!!!!!!!!!!! Its KILLING ME!!!!!! this 2020 Covid election year BS is just the worst!!!
If this sucker is still here I would love to have it. I have a 98 Ranger RWD outside and a 01 Sport trac both waiting to get built....this could find its way onto either of those. So here is a bump for you in case somebody wants to beat me to the punch!

also, can anyone see the pictures? since the forum went down some of them are not showing on my end

nuts. ill edit and re add them

I can see the photos, where are you in Canada ? I’m in Vancouver

I can see the photos, where are you in Canada ? I’m in Vancouver

I had to repost the photos.
Yes, I live in Canada. I am 15 mins north of Winnipeg, in selkirk, Manitoba

Do you have part numbers for the pulleys and fuel pressure regulator needed? As far as the SCT tuner do they have caned tunes specifically for this supercharger? Thanks.

Hey! Thanks for reminding me about the pulleys! I have to make a rockauto order and I’ll order them. As for the tune, that you would have to ask who you would want to tune in. Lasota racing was tuning the truck for me until I bought a pro racer package for it

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any remote FPR will work on it. Was using a 75mm accufab throttle body for a mustang on it. You have to do a slight mod for the swing (would have to do it regardless if your putting it on a explorer, there is a write up on how to do it, and I think I even have pics of how I did mine in my build thread), and I was and still am using a 255 walbro pump.

Back