Eddie Bauer Stock Tires...replacment?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eddie Bauer Stock Tires...replacment??

Hi everybody,

I have a 97 Eddie Bauer with 255/70 R16 tires on it. Can I put larger tires on these rims? If yes, what size would fit? Are there any disadvantages to this? Has anybody else done it with a Eddie Bauer??
Please help me out...

Thanx

Quakecom

Click on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line and scroll down to my tire section. I went to 285/75r16's but it took a lot of trimming. You can go to 265/75r16 with no problem, other than you may need to trim a very slight section in the back of your front wheelweel where the EB running board trim looks bell shaped at the bottom of the wheelweel. You may have to trim the inside of that bell shaped plastic to straight down but no one will ever know the difference or that that isn't how it came from the factory in the first place.

mav has a '99 with 265/75r16's and a body lift. You might PM or email him and ask him about it.

If you are unwilling to lift and/or trim I do not think you can do it. You can always go to your dealer and have it test fit your front right tire with the bigger one and see what it does. They'll do it for free if a possible sale is involved.

Back