Egr tube | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Egr tube

grandpax2

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
AFTER REPLACING THE UPPER AND LOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS, I FOUND THAT I HAD NOT CORRECTLY INSERTED THE EGR TUBE BACK INTO THE INTAKE MANIFOLD. I HAD A MASSIVE VACUUM LEAK. THE ENGINE WOULD ONLY RUN AT HIGHER RPM AND DIED WHENEVER THE THROTTLE WAS BACKED OFF. I HAVE TEMPORARILLY BLOCKED THE VACUUM LEAK, WHICH IS ON THE ENGINE SIDE OF THE EGR TUBE.

HOW CAN A MOVE THE EGR TUBE UP INTO THE INTAKE MANIFOLD? THANKS
:feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm trying to replace my upper intake manifold gaskets and i'm not able to get my egr tube off either. is there any info on how to pull that ******* out of the intake.

Removing EGR Tube.

I bought a set of China wrenches at Harbor Freight for $20. The wrenches have an offset on one end. I believe I used to 1 1/16" wrench and loosened the nuts on each end of the EGR tube. If you are removing the upper manifold, you could take it off by freeing the EGR tube from the exhaust manifold and then you'll have room to free it from the EGR housing once it's off. Not sure if that's what you were asking?

If I understood you correctly, you pulled the EGR tube itself out of the intake instead of loosening it at the exhaust manifold. I believe that assembly isn't supposed to be separated after leaving the factory, the proper removal of the EGR is at the exhaust manifold. In this case, I'd recommend putting the EGR back into the intake manifold as best you can and sealing up the joint with JB weld.

yeah i went out for one last pull right after i posted and it popped right off lol

Back