Electric Fans | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electric Fans

I had the Black Magic and after having to limp home from the "Boonies" twice with a broken fan, I pulled it out.:mad: It never cooled as well as the OEM and it was too fragile to run offroad. Plus I kept having problems with the power connections, I've still got it if anyone wants to buy it ($50).:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats strange because mine cools better then OEM. Another thing is how did you break your fan twice. The fan will not break unless something was to hit it. The main reason i put it in was because my fan clutch kept going out like every year. I got sick and tired of forkin' out money to fix it. I like the e fan way better. just my oppinion.

oh yeah one more thing, rock.. do you have any pics of the 37's?? Lets see them. I always like to see huge
x-plorers.

Sorry Chief, I dont have any to post ,however, it can be seen on Flexplorers.com.
Relative to the fan. I had water splash into it twice. It's a high speed-very-light blade and wont tollerate any water. Plus, I started having problems with the t/s relay not always working and I had a couple bad connections at the battery (not the fans fault). Lastly, if anyones interested in buying it, I had to cut one of the upper mounts off inorder to clear my intake tube due to the bodylift. It still will securely mount with only 3 brackets.:redexp:

Back