• Register Today It's free!

electrical gremlins

hazmat456

Reaction score
City, State
tomah wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 mercury mountaineer
the past couple of days I've had to jump my truck in the mourning , battery is six months old and is fine during the 9 hour work day. both times the doors were unlocked when I know they were locked the night before, I noticed today that the flashing theft light on the dash isn't flashing anymore, related? is there another way to check the light without tearing the dash apart( I replaced ALL the dash bulbs about two years ago when a few started going out) all fuses are good, all relays that I know about are good (there may be a few hidden that I haven't ran acrossed yet) anybody have any ideas, where to look first?
thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The THEFT light is actually an LED, controlled by the PATS module. Does it come on when starting, or are you having trouble starting?

Could be something PATS related, but I'd grab a multimeter and start searching for the phantom current drain while the truck is off.

no trouble starting when the battery isn't drained, if it's an led then I guess I have more to look into, could this signify a failed PATS? I don't know where to begin.anybody have a checklist for this?

after doing some searching this truck dose Not have a pats system it has the rap system, I don't know how much difference that makes, and if that THEFT light is an L.E.D. then it is the only one on the whole vehicle. Can anyone tell me if this will light up upon start-up or key on position, kind of like the check engine light?

hmmm

Sorry haz got cut off about about the egr not a eliete member cant sell not even for free. leave a message on if you have any questions.

well found my drain the door locks are acting up again

Back