Electronically controlled locking rear differentially. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electronically controlled locking rear differentially.

Todd82TA

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport 4x2
Hey guys,

I hate to post this, because I think this might end up being a repost for me that I did months ago. I was watching a show about a year ago. The show mentioned a product that I could install in a sport trac or an explorer sport (think it was Truck Universe) that allowed me to install an electronically controlled locking differential. They also said that it would allow me to keep your limited slip differential as well.

For what it's worth, I have a NON-4x4 2002 Ford Explorer Sport. It has a 3.73:1 rear gear, but it's not a limited slip. I could probably pick one up for cheap from the junkyard, so I might end up doing that.

In any case, I don't think I'll be converting it to 4x4 any time soon, but I could really use the benefit of a locking differential on my property in lake okeechobee.

For the life of me, I cannot remember or find out what this product was called.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was basically a set-up where I could be driving... and then simply stop my car, push a button on my dash, and whammo... locked rear differential!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Todd,
2002 Ford Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Auburn ected electric locker ford 8.8" 31 spline

I have the eaton e-locker.. works great! and no noisy pump like the air lockers use.

imagesCAYRT72V.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

Back