• Register Today It's free!

Emergency Help Needed

glennoli

Reaction score
City, State
california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer eddie bower
I have a 1995 eddie bauer Explorer. Apparently it has a 1994 engine. It needs a new Cam position Senor. I can't find a replacement anywhere. I was told by a ford dealer that the part is obsolete & i'm out of luck. I don't want to junk the car, it's still in good condition. Anybody got any clues????? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once in a while they float around on eBay. I ran into this with my '95, and it played hell to find the right one. I also had a '94 engine in my '95, so a lot of the sensors were from a '94...

Be prepared to pay upwards of $200 for one if you can find one unless you get lucky. I ended up pulling one at a junkyard and sticking it in there. Are you getting a code 214?

I've got one that came out of my 98 ranger. It's brand new cause I had to replace my old motor, but i'm not sure if it will fit in your 95. If it will fit then I don't have any problem selling it.

Yes I am getting a code 214. I'll try ebay

I had my dealer look, and they couldn't find any- unless they didn't look too hard.

Hey I work at a ford dealer and have a cam sensor in stock if you can get me your VIN# I will double check it and I can possibly send it out to you

Apparently they didn't look too hard... lol!

Vin# is1FMDU32X9SZB97956

I found 1 in California, The Dealer wants $550.00
I also found a rebuilt 1 Washington for $395.00
The part# I was given is F3TZ12K073A
I am waiting to have pictures of these units sent to me to avoid getting the wrong sensor again. Apparently there was an Early 1995 & a Late 1995 model with the 4.0L engine with slight differences. The CPS being one of those. I have the early model.

Yup- that was my issue as well.

Well I have the later production one where the sensor is seperate from the synchronizer not the one peice one.

If it is the one peice design try calling collectors auto supply in Oroville, WA the are showing 22 of them on Parts voice, There # is 1-800-414-4462

Sounds like I need to call, buy them all, and hoard them... :D

might not be a bad idea but not sure how much they want for them

$435 a piece they will give you a $35 credit when you send your core back.

Not the right one, unfortunately... That would have been nice! The 1994 is a different unit, and that is the unit that was in the early 1995's. Search for 1994 and they don't offer it.

*DOH!* I missed the "1994 engine" part... I REALLY need to learn to read whole sentences I guess :)

Collectors Auto in Washington is where I got it. I arrived yesterday and it was the correct unit. looks brand new but is stamped "rblt" Ford really should have thought this through. But at $400 it's still cheaper than what a dealer wanted. This weekend we'll find out if it works.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back