Need help with a 1994 Explorer parking brake parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with a 1994 Explorer parking brake parts

crazyjjk

Reaction score
City, State
Endicott
Year, Model & Trim Level
1937 Dodge 2dr Sedan
I am sorry to bother people in this forum but I am desperate for some help. I have a 1937 Dodge street rod I am slowly working on. It already had a ford 8.8 rear end installed in it which came out of a 1994 Ford Explorer with drum brakes. The problem I have encountered is the owner before me had removed the emergency brake parts in the drum. I have found everything except the parking brake lever which is the arm that connects to the emergency brake cable it connects near the parking brake strut piece which sits between the brake shoes. I cannot seem to locate these anywhere. Used or new I do not care. email me at crazyjjk@msn.com

Again I apologize for invading your forum but I figured if anybody can find explorer parts is explorer people.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not a problem, however you are better off finding this part on any 91-94 Explorer or Navajo 8.8 rear axle. Also the older Aerostar's have them, but don't get me lyin' about which years. You can still find them in the jy and most Jeepers don't want those since they didn't come with discs.

Not a problem, however you are better off finding this part on any 91-94 Explorer or Navajo 8.8 rear axle. Also the older Aerostar's have them, but don't get me lyin' about which years. You can still find them in the jy and most Jeepers don't want those since they didn't come with discs.
Thanks, been checking bone yards around here but have not located one yet.

Yeah, there's no aftermarket for a part like that, they don't break. You could call your ford dealer, get the part number and search on that, but the odds are very strong you will end up at the junkyard for it. Might as well, a new one is going to cost 10x more if you ever found one.

With all the people who have done disc brake conversions you think I could find one. Or at least a drum brake rear end somewhere in upstate NY or Northern PA. So far I have come up empty.

Back