engine bucked then died | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

engine bucked then died

millerman753

Reaction score
today my fiance was driving my 94 explorer xlt 4x4 and while driving she said the truck started to buck really hard then heard a loud clank and it just died on her. she rolled into a gas station and parked it there. she said that alot of fluid started to leak out of the truck and it would not start up when she tryed to turn the key. i havent looked at the truck yet. but i was wonderin if anyone here had this happen or knows what possible this could be. i do know the tranny was startin to slip a lil bit. had some troubles a few times getting it into gear and moving. but other then that nothing else was wrong. in fact i just put new rotors calipers and pads in the front yesterday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does it turn over?????
coulda locked it up, happend to me in a stupid pontiact, reasons y i trust ford!
thats my guess

Trans coulda locked up or let go. Or you could've broke the crank.

Could have overheated, but I guess she would have looked at the temp gauge and/or saw it smoking.

no she aint that smart to.. i went and checked it out.. had 4 vacuum hoses popped off and the i added 3 quarts of tranny fluid.. it runs and i got it home.. someone said to change the trans shift module. i went and bought one for 13 bucks.. but cant find it anywhere on the truck..

that's bucked up.

it is on the passenger side of the trans. up in the hump.

hard to get to, you need to take seat and carpet out and cut a hole in the floor.

Back