Engine Knock/Rattle - 2020 Explorer ST | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer ST
I purchased a 2020 Explorer ST with about 43k Miles last week. Its a CPO lease return. I drove it for 3 days maybe a little over 100 miles total. On the 4th day while driving on highway the engine started to make a knocking noise. I pulled off the highway to find a parking lot and noticed the noise get louder when accelerating. I turned the car off and waited about 5 minutes and when I restarted it had trouble but still started and the knocking was still present. No warning lights nor check engine lights are popping up. When I connect a monitor it says no codes found but if I select read codes I get a Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected. Has anyone else had this issue before and or know what can cause it? If its serious I will most likely return it to dealer as I have 14 days/1000 miles to do so. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20221022_162138_001.mp4
    1.3 MB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Upvote 0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Upvote 0

What do you mean?
2020 Ford Raptor,
by accident, I tried to post something on the forum and somehow I screwed up and when I looked it appeared as if I had posted the comment because my name was on it and that’s why I said that it wasn’t my comment.
Then I found I couldn’t remedy what I had done.
I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused.

Regards,
Graham Watson

Upvote 0

You have another post in which it looks like you clicked "reply" but didn't add anything. Dorman 604-201 EATC Blend Door Actuator review
Peterk9,
to everyone who was baffled by what I wrote ( or in 1 case did’nt write!), I offer my apologies.
I attempted to write a question, pressed a few wrong keys and Hey Presto! ———a previous comment by someone else had my name on it!
Forgive me for sometimes I know not what I doeth.
Thanks to the folks who advised where I may be able to locate a wiring diagram for my 2001 Explorer Limited ( bought new and showing 376,500 miles).
The Haynes manual I bought ain’t worth a c@@p regarding wiring diagrams.
Regards,
Graham Watson

Upvote 0

Hi Graham. It's entirely possible that you went to reply to the post and in doing that it would automatically bring in the quote. That is the only way that I'm aware of that your name would show in the post containing the quoted post and nothing else.
For future posts, given that you have a 2001 Explorer, the subforum you want is 1995 - 2001 Explorer Ranger Merc. 2nd Generation
Good luck.

Peter

Upvote 0

Hi Graham. It's entirely possible that you went to reply to the post and in doing that it would automatically bring in the quote. That is the only way that I'm aware of that your name would show in the post containing the quoted post and nothing else.
For future posts, given that you have a 2001 Explorer, the subforum you want is 1995 - 2001 Explorer Ranger Merc. 2nd Generation
Good luck.

Peter
Peterk9,
thanks for the info and I shall aim for that sub forum in future.
Regards,
Graham Watson

Upvote 0

Back