• Register Today It's free!

Engine vibration

d3ath101

Reaction score
City, State
Amherst, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xl 4x4
Ok, so i have a 1995 ford explorer xl 4x4. It runs, drives, and does everything it needs to, But does it with a rough idle, vibration while speeding up, and vibration while cruising (all coming from engine itself). I put it into neutral, and revved it, and it vibrated/idles rough. It seems to lack power. Drove 500 miles in this condition no issue, besides roughness and vibration. Has new plugs and wires. Just got oil changed too. Any help would be appreciated. thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would check the pcv valve, if not the idle air control valve, or perhaps even a fuel filter. The pcv valve and fuel filter you could change, cheap parts, but the IAC valve you could try cleaning first, and if the problem gets better with that, then swap the IAC. There are threads on here on how tio clean it, pretty simple fix .

Good luck.

ok, thank you!

how would i go about finding the pcv valve lol... i got a new one, but cant seem to find the one in the engine...

Fixed

So, problem was the #4 injector, replaced it, and runs perfect now. Thanks for help all.

Back