Enjoyed our time in the UK!

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
My wife and I recently spent 10 days in the UK, mostly in London, though we did hit some other touristy spots, likes Bath, Lacock, Stonehenge, and then we spent a day in Paris, heading through the Chunnel.
While London was way too crowded (dang tourists... of which I was one so can't really say much) we really enjoyed seeing hte countryside, what we saw of it anyways. You seem to have a lovely country :). Wish we could have gotten over to Scotland while we were there, but time was too tight, maybe on a return trip.

The highlight of my whole trip was seeing Stonehenge. We did one of the guided tours which actually gave us access to stonehenge after it closed to the public and we were actually able to go out into the rocks and take pictures and stuff... it was very exciting stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats good to hear you had a good time here, shame i didnt know about it, couldv taken my ex to london or maybe had a mini meet with our club there.

Where the hell do people park in London? Holy smokes, I looked for car parks and didn't see hardly any, they were definitely few and far between! I know it's more based around the tube and everything (which we used regularly and it worked great) and we didn't have a car the whole time (would've had a hard time adjusting to the driving on the left, plus the cost, plus parking, etc.) but I don't see how people with cars do it!

Our time was so packed, I think having a get together would have been challenging. It was only on the last day that we finally actually had an hour or two to sit around the hotel room, every other time we were on the go!

We saw four shows while we were there - Wicked, Stomp, Chicago, and Mamma Mia... compared with how much I paid to see Billy Elliott when I was in New York City, I thought the tickets were quite reasonably priced... Wicked by far kicked the most ass, it was a great show.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Pity I didn't know before hand as could have met up at Stonehenge!!. Maybe next time eh. Pictures please. Car parks do exist in London but are mostly underground. Biggest is under Hyde Park.

Glad you enjoyed it. Next time, get a decent hire car and ditch the busy cities. Head straight to the New Forest, Cornwall, Peak District, Pembrokeshire, North Wales, North Lake District, Yorkshire, Northumberland and the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Then, on your second day, you can have some "you" time!! Seriously, there are significant contrasts between all these locations are significant and they're all stunning, and relatively quiet by the standards of the places you visited this time. Driving on the left is easy and the way god intended. GRoB.

Thanks phat, will rememberthat for the future. Of course a lot of the sites were busy because they all wanted to see the same stuff we wanted to see :).

Back