• Register Today It's free!

epc blowoff valve question 5r55e

rydrew55

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Hi all, Replacing the separator plate (1L5Z-7Z490-HA) and new blowoff valve upgrade (3L5Z-7M203-JA). I have the tsb instructions for the valve , but I am not clear on which parts to throw out.
Step 6 says remove and discard the epc limit screen, epc limit valve (silver color) and spring (figure 1).
It shows a picture of the 3 parts, but not where they are located.
Is it under the screen?
I have the vb off, and am ready to take off the separator.
I suppose it might be obvious once I open it up, but I would like to have an idea of where to look before I start.
Thanks for your help.

All of those are under the separator plate, in the passageways of the valvve body itself.

Thanks drdoom, Yes, i realize that. As i mentioned, i was wanting to know where in the maze to locate them. Like for example next to the.tcc solenoid, or under the screen, or possibly a reference point in relation to the bolt numbers in the torque diagram . With all the loose parts, i just dont want to throw away the wrong spring or valve. I have seen pictures of screen, so i know what to look for there.
Thanks again

Never mind. I found it. One was silver and one was black. I discarded the silver one and the spring. Also the screen. (Per the tsb instructions). VB is back in, now on to torqueing.

Back