• Register Today It's free!

PCV Valve Question

FF.Martin91

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Hey, so I just replaced my PCV valve in my 03 Explorer (v8) after having completely exhausted my list of things to do to fix a P0507 code that would never go away and noticed that the "original" valve was completely hollow inside; just a straight tube that connected the crankcase (on driver's side) to the hose going to the intake.. Is it suppose to be like that, because every other PCV valve I've ever seen has always had internal parts to them, including the one I just replaced it with.. Just completely threw me off. Hopefully this will be the cure to that pesky check engine light because I've gone through 2 idle control valves and 2 throttle position sensors as well as checking for any leaks in my lines, which I have yet to find any.

Thanks.

So I found my answer... I mistook it for the breather, PVC valve is on the passenger side.. Quickly swapped the correct parts to how they should be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PCV valve is on the passenger side. The driver side is just a hollow tube allowing equalization of pressure. Hope you didn't throw away the hollow tube, you will need it.

PCV valve is on the passenger side. The driver side is just a hollow tube allowing equalization of pressure. Hope you didn't throw away the hollow tube, you will need it.
Nope, I kept it and quickly fixed what I did. O'reilly's told me that was where the PVC was and I didn't bother to question :/ Learning how to fix my own car now vs mechanics and figured they knew what they were talking about :/

I did the same thing, except I trashed the adapter and had to purchase a new one.

Lol drdoom, I remember because we did it at the same time......

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has made this mistake

Back