Everyone PLEASE read need help ASAP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Everyone PLEASE read need help ASAP

bigboy

Reaction score
City, State
PEnnsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
well right now i have made a big mess and i need some serious help. I lent my explorer to a friend to do a manual hub conversion because he said he knew how and has did it before well he knew ****. he didnt use a conversion kit and just put on the maual hubs. well i took it for a ride and made all kinds of noise and pulled around. well i took them back off and put my auto hubs back on. well im going to work this morning and when i would hit the brakes it would pull to the right extremly hard. When i went around a LEFT hand turn it would jerk to the LEFT real hard but only for an instant. Well made it to work and when i was leaving i was going down the road and a loud POP came from the passenger side and nothing changed, well then the brakes started screwing up and when you first pushed the pedal there was nothing but the second time you would have normal pressure. Also i took out the fuse for ABS thinking that would help but nothing came out of that. Also there is a humming/ vibration coming from the passenger side now also. Some ppl told me it could be a wheel bearing, axle joint, caliper, or universal joint. Please help me out any more info needed just let me know.

Sounds like a bad/loose bearing at the minimum. If it's really loose, the rotor could be wobbling, which could push the brake caliper piston back and cause you to have to pump the brakes to re-set it each time.

well i tore into it today to find this! The first picture is of the LEFT side notice whats missing. The second picture is the parts that were missing that is how they came out. Last picture is of the RIGHT side and everything was ok there. What do i need to replace besides wheel bearings cause there shot. What is that piece called that is all f**ked up.

th_screwedupside.jpg

click this its the first picture with all the stuff in the pan
th_goodside.jpg

Back