Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia/Victorville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLS
i work at best buy so naturally i get a discount :D

what i plan on doing is:

HU
Alpine CDA-9853 (or 9855, i havent decided yet)

Speakers
Alpine SPR-57LP Type-R 5x7's (2 pair)

Amp
Alpine MRD-M605

Subs
(2) Alpine SWR-1022D Type-R 10"s

can anyone suggest anything else to make it sound better?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea..buy sony..LOL

im not a big fan of alpine..you are just paying for the name IMO

should sound good regardless of what brand you go with as long as its name brand....

good luck

im not far behind..just gotta find a shop or someone i trust that can do it/help me and ill be set

yeah.. i figure if i get 1/2 price, might as well pay for the name.. haha

xxScapegoat said:
yeah.. i figure if i get 1/2 price, might as well pay for the name.. haha

yea..gotta love employee discounts..... :thumbsup: :D

don't you guys carry any components?

I would highly recommend amping front door component speakers and not running rear speakers rather than using the hu to power rear and front coaxials.

Looks good, but you should get some components for the front. Alpine SPR-17LS. Then run coax in the back.

i agree with expo and husky...you would not believe how much better some amped components will sound than some 5x7s. it will bloooow your mind. haha...i ran unamped 5.25s up front for about a year and just recently added some 6.5's and an amp for all of them and its amazing how much better it sounds.

If you can afford it go with the type "r" 15. They kick ass , I have one in my ride. They are deffinatly loud enough for anything you want , and I haven't been able to tear mine yet trough excessive pounding.

i dont think they carry any 15s.

the idea that they are loud enough for anything you'd want is funny to me as well

they don't carry 15's at best buy? interesting. i got mine from a buddy who owns an install shop. iv never had a problem with it so i guess its loud enough for me.

i actually never even thought of components in the front, good thing you guys are here to think for me... i just figured out tonight that i can get a viper remote start alarm for $100, so i think im gonna pick that up on friday.. thanks for the input

where can you pick up that alarm? i assume through best buy :( i need one. but yea, if you get the components you'll never turn back.

Back