EX Registration Question

roamingphantom

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EX Limited, 302A
Quick question on vehicle registrations:

So when i bought my EX i transferred plates from my old car. I havent received a reminder to renew my registration and my temporary should expire at the end of the month

- Will DMV send me a new one (isnt this included in the fee i paid the dealer)?

- Should i renew it myself.

I just done wanna double spend if its already paid for by the fees at the dealer and will be mailed to me.

Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So when i bought my EX i transferred plates from my old car. I havent received a reminder to renew my registration and my temporary should expire at the end of the month

I just done wanna double spend if its already paid for by the fees at the dealer and will be mailed to me.

Thanks for the help.
I'm not sure how the procedure works in N.Y. but when I got my Explorer everything, registration, plate transfer etc was handled by the dealer. All we did when I picked it up was to attached my existing plates to it before driving it off the lot. My previous vehicle had the lease transferred to a friend and had received new plates.
I would guess that your dealer would be the one to talk to about your situation since they likely do this kind of thing on a daily basis.

Peter

I just bought 2 weeks ago and my tags were set to expire in August. In Florida if you make a new purchase within 3 months of your expiration they can renew them when they transfer. So I am all set until 8/14.

Thanks for the help.
You will get it in the mail ..... It does take abit of time. That's why you didn't receive your renewal notice. Your old car is out of the system.

You will get it in the mail ..... It does take abit of time. That's why you didn't receive your renewal notice. Your old car is out of the system.

Thanks RMP - Looks like no street parking for the next few days. HAHA!

Back