What does it cost you to register your X? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What does it cost you to register your X?

VairKing

Midwest-Xplorer Member
Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB V8 AWD
I just went to the DMV today to renew my plates and registration, it was $83.00 for a year. Just curious what it costs for other X's in other states...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pay 105 bucks a year for tabs. Its dependent on the year of the vehicle in MN though. For my 77 F150 its only 38 bucks a year. Newer=More $$

Chris

Wisconsin

I think it's $45 (maybe $55) If you call it a truck then it's either $75 or $95

So I guess I drive a car :) hee hee hee

We pay $70-80 per year to the DMV for the privilege of owning the Explorer, and an additional $25-35 to a local shop for an annual safety and emissions inspection.

Still a resident of Nebraska, and excluding sales tax cost me about $180.

Hmmm... I was thinking about this, and I don't know how much it cost me. My first time registering was done through the dealer I bought it from and included in the cost of my X. I guess I'll find out in September!

mine was like $80 something for 2003 --- but they also tacked on $4 becuase idid it online... a $4 convienience fee.... but it was ok, i rater pay that $4 than a late charge, i forgot about it, and it was due 12/13/02...well, i hoped online and paid for it on 12/12/02 at 8 pm :)

Wow must be nice here in Iowa I just paid 317 for my 2000

Originally posted by buch434
Wow must be nice here in Iowa I just paid 317 for my 2000

OUCH!

Yikes! :eek: Every time the tags are renewed? Ours is $97 and thats for the upgrade Treasure the Chesapeake plates that is supposedly $20 more than the normal.

I don't remember to well, but I think it was like $70 for custom plates too.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Iowa has some really stupid laws, because they kiss farmers ***** so much. Any pickup even and new Cadillac Escalade ext or whatever they are calles only costs $75 since it is a "FARM" vehicle really pisses me off.

Originally posted by buch434
Oh yeah I forgot to mention Iowa has some really stupid laws, because they kiss farmers ***** so much. Any pickup even and new Cadillac Escalade ext or whatever they are calles only costs $75 since it is a "FARM" vehicle really pisses me off.

I had farm plates on all of my other trucks, but the DMV wouldnt let that slide with a SUV...so, I weaseled my way into "commercial" plates, which saved me almost $100. Plus they are just white with black lettering, look good on the silver X compared to those wretched sunset or whatever they are plates that Nebraska now has. I think those might be the ugliest plates ever.

I took advantage of it since i never used my trucks that much on our farm, and youre right, a Caddy is pushing it also, but it makes sense for true farm pickups...they arent used on public roads/highways nearly as much. I know my family farm has one old chevy that I bet hasnt seen blacktop in 10 years.

i just got a letter in the mail the other day... 65 for registration.

The DMV here charges $20 for registration. Emissions testings cost $30 annually so $50 annually.

If I remember correctly, $60 or so

Let's see. $78 vehicle registration fee, $5 administrative fee, and MVRT (motor vehicle registration tax) $70. If you have to go through I/M $35 fee, plus administrative fee of $2.

And that's for a vehicle older than 95:

Total = $190

If I remember correctly, in WA all vehicles are $35.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this Registration done at a different time than renewing insurance? We do all transactions at once in B.C. I think the actual "licence fee" is like 18-21 CDN every year when you renew your insurance....

Back