• Register Today It's free!

Exaust Setup

jtmx101

Reaction score
City, State
Shreveport, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLS 4X4
Hey, new guy here, I have some questions for the exaust setup on my OHV 4.0 2000 X, it has 2 cats comming off of each headder and 2 big cats after it collects into 1. I was wanting to remove two of them, is this a good idea? should i remove the two big cats, or remove the 2 smaller ones and go with high flows? also do ya'll think that single in dual out pipes would sound good? I dont want it to sound like a rice burner. and also should I go with Flowmaster or a glasspack?

First let me welcome you to the forum.
Exhaust is a matter of opinion, so, I'd suggest you use the search feature, using the words in your question

I have my rear cats removed, and find a single tailpipe enough for performance.

welcome 2 the forum. I got dual 40 series flows on my 01 sport

i removed both the bigger cats and kept the little ones on each manifold.just got a 2 1/2" pipe running straight back after the manifolds come together into a turbo 2 muffler then a single 2 1/2" pipe running about 2-3 foot after muffler dumping down a little before the rear axle.sounds pretty good.been thinking about changing the muffler to something a little louder.it don't sound stock,has a nice deeper tone.....but would like a little bit more rumble out of it.but i either don't want the ricer sound.

Back