Excessive heat in center console and driver’s side floor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Excessive heat in center console and driver’s side floor

MattArlingtonVA

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
The center console and floor boards in my 2008 Explorer get really hot when driving. Any ideas of what could be causing this? I tend to fix most things on the car by researching and watching videos, but haven’t found anything related to this problem. Any help/suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

Transmission - any way of checking the temperature ?
Check heat shields condition.
Also, how are the vents working, maybe they got disconnected and instead of blowing hot air through the openings the air is pushed inside console outside the ducts.

I have had this a few times in my explorer, generally after a long drive but as short as 20-30 miles, always on the highway, but it doesn't happen every time.... Have not yet found any rhyme or reason to it... Melted some chocolate bars once, but other times no melting...

I have had this a few times in my explorer, generally after a long drive but as short as 20-30 miles, always on the highway, but it doesn't happen every time.... Have not yet found any rhyme or reason to it... Melted some chocolate bars once, but other times no melting...
Yes Dacur2, the same thing happens to mine. Usually highway driving of a decent distance

Back