• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Headers

AR123

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Explorer Limited-5.0
Does anyone know for sure if the exhaust headers from a 96' 5.0L will fit a 99' 5.0L. I may have found a supply of stainless Ford Racing 1 1/2" shorty headers in both un-coated and ceramic coated. But it says it is for 96' Explorers. Looking for some clarification.
Thanks
Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, they will fit fine. you will have to have an EGR bung welded onto them to keep EGR. the 96-early 97's had GT-40 heads with internal EGR. the late 97-up's had GT-40p's with external EGR.

If you know of a place that has both - I will buy the set you don't want. Either or, doesn't matter to me...

Would you mind letting me know.... :D

Cobra XP
I am waiting to hear back from him and will definitely let you know. I can't believe how hard it was to find these. If this guy has several sets, Is anyone else interested?

I'd be interested too.

Thanks AR ! I definitely want them if he has them!

Hello,
I would definately be interested in a set also. Please let me know.
Thank's,
Chalie R.

if any one is interested i am going to make big tube shorties for v8 explorers this summer. i cant stand how small the ford racing ones are and if you plan to make real power they just wont do.

What???????

if any one is interested i am going to make big tube shorties for v8 explorers this summer. i cant stand how small the ford racing ones are and if you plan to make real power they just wont do.

No love for us 6 cylinder folk?
Karl

What would the price be, and will they have the egr bung?

i dont know yet exactly but should be around 200 to 300 and i dont see why i cant put a egr bung on it. there are a lot of v6 headers out there why would u need me to make u some.

Keep me posted when you get more info on how you'll be doing the headers. I may be interested in a set. Thats considerably less than what others have said for custom headers in the past.

blk mk8,

Please keep me posted on the Big Tube Shorties - if you can deliver in that price range - count me in!

Will they mate up to the stock exhaust Y-pipe/cat system or scrap it? I want to do a full custom exhuast, but will wait for these headers.

blk mk8, im definately interested. if you can make some big tube shorties for around $300, im in.

Keep me in mind too, AR123.

Lou.

I am in too.

Okay, here is the deal. He says he has quite a few, but it is on a first come/first serve basis. These are Ford 1 1/2" Shorty Headers - Stainless Steel. Also available with Ceramic Coating. These are meant for a 96' and I personally do not know that they fit. I'm going on 'james t' information that they will fit and you need to have is the EGR bung welded into the headers. So know what you are getting and what they fit, because I do not want to be/will not be responsible for any problems or fitment issues. With that said; They cost $289. for Stainless and $349. for Ceramic Coated Stainless. This does not include shipping, but I will only charge actual shipping costs plus $20. for my time in getting these headers and shipping them to you. For those interested, please e-mail me for additional information on payment.

AR123

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

300 for FMS headers seems kind of expensive if Blk Mk 8 can do it for the same price. But - Blk Mk8 - how definite are you about your headers? What features would they have - size, etc?

Please let us know!!

Back