Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters

Lost216

Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Which cat-back exhaust do you prefer/run on your ex? Or which muffler type do you like best?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

since there is no other replies..

i like the sound of flowmasters BUT.....
i have a mangnaflow xl i dont know why it was just a spur of the moment thing

The Flowmaster on my X is almost 10 years old, beat to snot and I still get compliments on how it sounds!

right now i have a flowmaster 40 series, its sounds pretty good, but i want a one chamber flowmaster race muffler haha

right now i have a 40 series delta flow flowmaster and i love it

flowmaster super 40's, X pipe, 2.5'' True Duals and love it.

This clip is before the X pipe. It sounds nicer now with X, but same basic sound, just a little tighter and crisper.

http://media.putfile.com/AWDROCKS-H-Pipe-88

I like my MagnaFlow.

I chose "Flowmaster" only because my #1 choice (Flo-Pro) was not a choice.

Anyone know which muffler sounds good for the 4.0 OHV V6?

has anyone tried dynomax? found a good price on the cat-back system, anyone tried them yet?

Personally, I'm still 'old skool' I guess.:) I love my Cherry Bomb glasspacks:) , my 1st mod is gonna be twin glasspacks behind the catalytic convertors & 3" pipes on back to at least the rear axle.:cool:

:exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp:

'94 Limited, US spec., 4.0L, automatic {bone stock :eek: } :uk:

flowmaster super 40's, X pipe, 2.5'' True Duals and love it.

This clip is before the X pipe. It sounds nicer now with X, but same basic sound, just a little tighter and crisper.

http://media.putfile.com/AWDROCKS-H-Pipe-88

That is a great sound.

I had a catback sytem with a FM on my 89 Cavalier (V-6 2.8L) and loved the sound. My kids could hear me coming down the road from work in the afternoon.

I want to add a catback to the '00 X Limited real bad. I think that will be my first mod. Window tint does not count as a mod, does it?

Anyone know which muffler sounds good for the 4.0 OHV V6?

Yes, any experiences/recommendations for this engine type. Mine is the 'SOHC' though.

I got single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport and i love how they sound

im gonna run a 50 series suv lightning style when i redo my exhaust

I voted Flowmaster, because my first choice wasn't there. I love the Aeroturbine mufflers and they are my number one choice, Flowmaster is number two.

i rock the 40 series DELTA FLOW currently, i like the sound it makes, i just need an intake to the front half of the truck sounds good lol

when i turn my truck on it sounds stock then a second later it sounds like it has balls lol

Borla if you have the cash to spend but I say the best bang for the buck is Flowmaster. I ran a Dynomax catback on my 91 for 4-5 years and I just had to replace the muffler because it completly rusted from the inside out and I live in the desert. I would never buy one again but I would definately go with flowmaster. Now having said that I replaced the Dynomax muffler with a Dynomax race muffler which is welded construction and it should hold up much better and it was free.

I love my single in and dual out 40 series i dunno which 40 series i got my x sounds mean.

I installed a Cherry Bomb Glasspack on mine, right behind the cat and turn down off the glasspack, 2.5 in. I like the sound and it was cheap, I only spent $52 for the muffler, adapters and the clamps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sam you probably have the ( SUPER 40 series )

idk if FM makes an dual out ORIGINAL or DELTA

I could be wrong though so dont quote me for sure

Back