Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Dynomax

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • Gibson

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

would you say that you would be more interested in the 50 or 70 series ???

my DELTA 40 is not that loud until i hit 2200 - 3000 rpms... when im cruising the highway, i can tell its there but i have to really listen to hear it

I have a Gibson cat-back on mine. Sounds decent for a 6 cyl....Not ricey, but not as good as a V8. Isn't very loud either.

Im not really a fan of the Flowmasters on 6 cyl Explorers. Just don't sound right. I liked them on my previous Mustangs, except for the drone.

I liked the sound of the Dynomax muffler on my old 6cyl Ranger. Unfortunately it rusted out fairly quickly.

I Have a dynomax 3" single intake 2 1/2 duel outlet on my Navajo it sounds ok. would be better is the manifold did not leak!!!!

ohh and full length tail pipes that dump to the sides. (had to get rid of the spare tire)

My new favorite is the Aero Turbine Mufflers. I have one on my 5.2 Dakota and it blows the 40 series and every other muffler out of the water, very nice tone, very loud when I get on it and I can hardly hear it when cruising down the freeway at 80MPH.
My friend put one on his Toyota 22re and it sounds damn good for a 4 banger.
I have not heard one on a 4.0 yet but my friend plans to get one for his ranger.
It sounds much better in person, the video makes it sound very "raw".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvsgo2HEG00&feature=channel_page

i like the cherrybomb i have on my truck

If you have the same exhaust on a 5.0 mustand and a 5.0 explorer will it sound the same? I hear a TON of badass sounding 5.0 mustangs around here.

About the Mustang, Ex. sound. I would think as long as the lengths of exhaust pipes and the specs of the 5.0 in the Ex compared to the Mustang were the same, then yes, they should sound alike. IMO, if the Mustang had more compression and a more radical cam profile then the 5.0 in the X and a shorter run of exhaust pipe, then no, I don't think they would sound alike.

I really don't have much of an opinion on which muffler sounds that much better, just as long as it has an X or H pipe crossover. This way it's more of a mellow sound and not sounding like two loud 4 bangers running side by side which is exactly what you have if their not connected.

The total lengths of the exhaust pipe really make a difference also. What difference on my 302 with a lot of HP goodies when I cut off some exhaust pipe for the new linked coilover rear suspension. A whole lot more guttural sound.

Awesome, thanks for the quick repsonse. Guess ill just have to research some videos.

Dynomax cause' that's what I own:D I currently have the super turbo but it's all drone and no hurble. I'm keepin an eye out for a Dynomax welded(40 series knockoff) in local classifieds. But will probably end up buying one new when I get the cash.

I like Borla the most since it's buy-it-and-forget-it stainless steel with a lifetime warranty, and the performance with a mellow sound is perfect.

Unfortunately, they only make their stuff for a short time, so Dynomax is the best bang for the buck, with a lifetime warranty so you can replace your aluminized steel muffler every few years or so...

Back