• Register Today It's free!

Preference: '02 Explorer or '01?

Chief

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford, NH AIM: Chief Miscreant
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Acura 3.2TL
As far as styling goes, which do you prefer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Chief! Hopefully you will get a 2001 explorer soon!

Well, only cause Stephen said so....Welcome! Just kiddin....I dunno if it's the 2000 or 2001 Limited that has a new 5 spoke style of wheel, and it's got slight refinements in the body, but which ever it is that has those new wheels....I like it alot!
Pete

Welcome to the board Chief!! If you are in the market for a new Explorer, I would definitley hold out for the 2002. It sounds like it's going to be a great vehicle.

if you want a 4x4 to modify, go 2001, if its just a transport vehicle, then maybe hold out for the 2002

I like the site...

Who's in charge here? Honda-Acura.net uses the old UBB code which we've pretty much had it with it and are ready to do a major overhaul on the site in general. If the WebMaster could e-mail me with information on the VB code, I'd appreciate it. :D

Err...I have to talk to Stephen again??

Thanks Stephen!

Hey Chief,
If $$$ is an issue, Ford is really trying hard to get rid of the '01 models. I just got a loaded XLS (It's an XLT without running boards, power driver's seat, and is missing the front piece of the console under the dash. Other than that, the rest of the hardware is the same). For about $26k OUT THE DOOR! They practically begged me to take an '01 over the '02. Performance wise, I know the '02 model got a radical overhaul, but my '01 still runs circles around just about anything else I have offroaded with, including a couple of J**ps!

Originally posted by JDraper
Ford is really trying hard to get rid of the '01 models. I just got a loaded XLS (It's an XLT without running boards, power driver's seat, and is missing the front piece of the console under the dash. Other than that, the rest of the hardware is the same). For about $26k OUT THE DOOR! They practically begged me to take an '01 over the '02.

I'll second that. Last time I went by a local Ford dealer I found an XLS with lotsa options for 23.5K, and a loaded Eddie Bauer for 28K. Talk about value.. Most XLTs I saw were 25K fully loaded.

Style only I would say 2002. I plan to be at the dealership the week they get in. But as farr as price goes it seems like they really want to get rid of the 2001's

They always do that when a new model is due out, good for bargain hunters. I usually dont buy into that though, because after you've had your vehicle a month these new, redesigned ones are on the road and your's all of a sudden seems pretty old.

Back