• Register Today It's free!

exhaust tone opinion

ksaldibar

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island (part of NYC) , New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT and '99 EB
ok people. i heard a borla exhaust on a 4.7L durango the other day and loved the deep throaty sound. i knwo they make borla makes a system for the 4.0 SOHC. my question is in your opin, which would sound louder, the borla for the 4.0 sohc or a flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust?

-kenny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would think the Flowmaster if it's dual mufflers, but they're probably around the same if both single. Get a 40 if you want loud. The thing about Borla is it's VERY expensive when compared to most other brands, but they also have a lifetime (1,000,000 mile at least) warranty. We've got a 5.9 Durango R/T and the stock exhaust on that is amazing.

a friend of ours has a 2002 R/T and your right, it is amazing. by dual out i meant a muffler with 2 outputs, not 2 mufflers. i would have loved to get a 40 series, but i have the '99 SOHC with a dual inlet muffler so i only had the option of the 70 series according to the guy at the store. i looked online and i beleive the casing for a 50 series is only a few inches shorter than my 70 series on there now. eventually i was thinking about getting a dual out 50 series. now i've heard that the exhaust pipes for a dual out must be smaller than the original piping because backpressure needs to be retained or i would lose torque. what size do you guys think i would need to maintain my current torque, if not gain some. thanks alot.

-kenny :usa:

a friend of ours has a 2002 R/T and your right, it is amazing. by dual out i meant a muffler with 2 outputs, not 2 mufflers. i would have loved to get a 40 series, but i have the '99 SOHC with a dual inlet muffler so i only had the option of the 70 series according to the guy at the store. i looked online and i beleive the casing for a 50 series is only a few inches shorter than my 70 series on there now. eventually i was thinking about getting a dual out 50 series. now i've heard that the exhaust pipes for a dual out must be smaller than the original piping because backpressure needs to be retained or i would lose torque. what size do you guys think i would need to maintain my current torque, if not gain some. thanks alot.

-kenny :usa:

I have the 50 and they are not real loud.

But that is why I like them, personally

Back