• Register Today It's free!

EXHAUSTing Gibson question...

Oversquare

Reaction score
City, State
Wine Country
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 AWD
I'm looking into the Gibson exhaust (Explorer Express). Looking at the Gibson exhaust web site, they list the pipe size as 2.5". However, the TruckPerformance.com web site lists it as 3". ExplorerExpress doesn't list it.

For the people that have the exhaust, what size is the after-muffler pipe?

Thanks

-Brad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUMP! doesn't someone know the answer?
-B

Don't get a gibson exhaust they suck. I speak from experence, instead go with a flowmaster, or magnaflow. Anything but gibson please

gotta go with mitch on this one... my neighbor has gibson on his dodge and it sounds like s*#@. I hate it every time he starts it, go with flowmaster or something.

:chug: :chug:

Well, ok.

I'm looking for a 3" exhaust - not chambered. That eliminates Flowmaster and MAC. What size is Magnaflow?

-Brad

Brad, I've got a Gibson Side swept and I think it sounds pretty good. It is a two and a half inch pipe though with a 3" chrome tip. At idle you won't be able to tell much difference in sound. But when you slam on the gas you'll hear it fine. It's not obnoxious like the Flowmaster 40 series. But if you don't want the Gibson I would go with the Flowmaster 50 series.

Back