• Register Today It's free!

cat-back system

vito

Reaction score
City, State
Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLS
I have a 4.0L SOHC 2000, and I want to get a cat-back system, I dont want it to be loud, but I want the performance, Ive been reading a lot and for what I want everyone recommends getting a GIBSON Cat Back Exhaust System, but is a little expensive for me, its $345.00, some others reccommend a custom catback because its cheaper, about $200.00, my question is if I get a custom catback with a gibson muffler would it be the same as the GIBSON Cat Back Exhaust System, I mean same HP, torque and sound?
The sound of the gibson catback is what Im looking for.
THANKS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as the tubing is the same diameter it should basically be the same. Just don't expect the HP numbers the kit is claiming.

I think a custom cat-back system is always better than the 3 to 4 piece cat-back kits. Welds are better than bolts. :D

Ever consider Magnaflow?

Magnaflow is more expensive than Gibson...actually you can get the aluminized Gibson for way less than $345...or Jardine Thorley or good old Flowmaster.

Thanks
Im going to get a custom catback with a gibson muffler,
I did not think about magnaflow because Ive heard it makes more noise than gibson.
Anyone from tucson knows a good muffler shop that can do this work for me. THANK YOU

Back