• Register Today It's free!

Explain Sport Track TBs

Nicaraguense

Reaction score
City, State
Jonesboro, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 4Dr XLT 4WD 4.0
I understand some of you are putting Sport Track Torsion Bars in your X's ¿Do they add more lift? ¿Do they come with the mounting equipment to bolt them up? I ask because I could only do a 1" TT with my stock 4 door. I wanna do more (2") but still have some downward flex left. Also, ¿Why do they call them Sport Track Torsion Bars? ¿Are they the Torsion Bars for the Ford Explorer Sport Track or something? And, ¿What is the part number?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A stiffer torsion bar may give you some lift if your stockers are more flexible.

However if I were you I'd just get some longer torsion bar adjuster bolts and be done with it.

I havent heard of this... The only reason I can think of for doing it is if the TB are stiffer than the stock ones. Also you could probably get more out of yours if you got longer bolts.

Edit: damn beat me to it :p

I thought

I thought everyone told me NOT to do that when I inquired about it when I first did my TT lift. :confused:

Don't do it to get more than 2", but if you need longer bolts to get that much lift go right ahead.

Back