Explorer 2002 eddie bauer 4.0 vibrations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2002 eddie bauer 4.0 vibrations

Davidzetterlund

Reaction score
City, State
Stockholm
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford explorer 2002
I got a problem, my front wheel bearing was totaly wasted a few days ago.
Got the car towed to a mecanic and got my hub replaced. But then when i got the car back i feel some vibrations in the steeringwheel.
Not all the time, sometimes when i breake and turn.
Sometimes when i accel and turn...

I'm going to replace the other hub and the rear too.
But its so expencive here in sweden. Payd ~900$ to get FL hub changed

So, i want tips why i have this vibrations now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try bleeding the power steering system, mechanics are known for introducing air into system and not bleeding afterwards. Its simple to do, start the truck, and turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock a few times.

You still on this thread, cherry?

Yes im still here.
Havent tryed anything yet. I'm going to my garage tomorrow.
But i don't get why there should be air in the steering system after a bearing change.

Well, my other bearings was shipped today.
I hope the vibrations dissaper when i changes the other front hub.

Can it be damaged somewhere else? The hub was really wasted, split in half. The wheel got ä brutal angel. But i stopped almost imeditly
Thats why i wonder if anything else can be damaged.

Sorry for poor spelling, i'm a swedish viking

David how it happens, is truck is off the ground, mechanic turns steering by hands on the brake rotor or by grabbing the tire on the opposite side for more leverage. Turns the knuckle a bit to get to some bolts, turns the knuckle back the other way to access other bolts, and you now have air in system! It's nothing bad and simply a function of completing their task. Often, afterwards they back the truck out, you pay bill go on your way, without bleeding. I'm not sure if that's your issue but it comes up on the boards several times a month. Just mere seconds to correct though. Take care Viking, and best wishes.

It worked great to bleed the steering system. Now it works great.
I told the mecanic this too, and he had a aha moment.

Tnx for good support

You're welcome David. Glad it's working.

Back