Explorer 2015 weird sound after changing air intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2015 weird sound after changing air intake

JOSolares

Reaction score
City, State
Laredo, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer limited 3.t
Hello, have a 2015 Explorer limited and the factory air intake broke and bought a cold air intake instead and have this weird sound like is inflating or deflating something and it whistle while doing it, what i am missing here follow the instructions and double check, and nothing. any help, thanks

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I have not read about a similar issue here. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling it?
Curious as to why you went the way you did. It has been mentioned that a cold air intake does nothing unless you add a tune.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I have not read about a similar issue here. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling it?
Curious as to why you went the way you did. It has been mentioned that a cold air intake does nothing unless you add a tune.

Peter
well i also have a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 5/7ltr hemi and i have it with a cold air intake and it work great drop consumption by 2 miles. and i though it might work with the Ford. thanks for the imput.

well i also have a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 5/7ltr hemi and i have it with a cold air intake and it work great drop consumption by 2 miles. and i though it might work with the Ford. thanks for the imput.
I haven't used an aftermarket cold air intake and don't have experience with them personally so the info I provided was gathered from several other posts by our members. There are a few threads discussing the CAI.

Peter

Back