Explorer console covering replacement Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer console covering replacement Kit

sethpdx

Reaction score
City, State
portland
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
JlCNzVAH6x8xXAcswP0UlA9vVJl9.jpg

My interior is flawless. exept for the center console cover, it has a crack in it.. has anyone tried this product or have a lower cost solution??

http://portland.craigslist.org/pts/157756957.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try ebay and see if you can get a decent used one.

Check out a fabric store for something that matches close enough. It is easy to do. My wife fixed mine, but I've also spoken to the guy you list before. He's near me, and seems like a good guy.

I redid my armrest with that kit last year. The color match is near perfect, and the overall fit is pretty good. There is some wrinkling under the front edge, but the factory cover wasn't a whole lot better.

You can find good black vinyl at almost any fabric store. Then you dont have to worry about a perfect match because all explorers have black inside:) It needs to be a high quality stretchy/flexible fabric backed vinyl though.

kfkodiak said:
I redid my armrest with that kit last year. The color match is near perfect, and the overall fit is pretty good. There is some wrinkling under the front edge, but the factory cover wasn't a whole lot better.

Exactly my experience with the kit. Color looks identical, with slight wrinkling on the front. Defnitely worth the $25.

Yes, I know the guy found the exact color matches for all of the Explorer armrest colors, so you're guaranteed to have a match that way. Mine that I got from a fabric store is off a little, but only I can tell. ;-)

Back