Explorer delays | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

There is another link in the 'Order Status of Vehicles' thread.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About 2 months ago someone on this forum posted a website where I Could get a window sticker. I received 2 of them from that website but now I can't remember the website I used but it was from someone on this forum
Is2 there a reason I could get a window sticker a month ago and now I can't.

Looks like the retail order tracking site might be having issues - on my daily status check it now says i need a valid Ford ID.

So they could either be updating stuff at this point and we might get some good news. Or my new explorer has officially gone into limbo.. :)

I believe I read a post saying there is an issue with the tracking system. I've found that all the Window Sticker sites are "flakey".

Peter

Looks like the retail order tracking site might be having issues - on my daily status check it now says i need a valid Ford ID.

So they could either be updating stuff at this point and we might get some good news. Or my new explorer has officially gone into limbo.. :)

Maybe Ford is tired of you checking it daily....

This is supremely frustrating that this whole delay/issue is a total mystery. My ST's last update was In Transit - Received - LD4574 (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Ramp 58, Melvindale, MI Jul-07-2019, 10:34 ET. That's not even like its been sitting at the plant 'in transit'. Its traveled 280 miles, and has been sitting there for a month...

Perhaps it's sitting there waiting to be brought back to the plant.:dunno: It has been said several times here that communications is not one of Ford's strong points.

Peter

i would just be happy to get a real update on whats going on.

i would just be happy to get a real update on whats going on.
Mine is sitting in Dallas area on a train, 2 weeks Thursday and no one has an update. Build date was 6/26/19.. waiting for truck delivery.... 126 miles . Maya shortage of delivery trucks

As frustrating as this can be, this is rather a common occurrence with new models, but I'd rather wait for it to show up with whatever repairs are required than have to return it to the dealer where it would sit for weeks as they wait for parts. Happened with my 05 Mustang GT and 15 F-150 Platinum. Dealer told me the ST would be here by the end of September and I figure I won't see it until November. Ford has a bad reputation at keeping customers, dealers, etc informed. I just hope the ST is not plagued with door lock and moonroof issues that my F-150 suffered from.

Ok....I am literally talking to Ford Performance engineers. Theses are guys I have become friends with through connections. I own one of the largest private shops on the east coast. I have been to and raced in Shelby events. We all get together and race at VIR every year. THESE GUYS don't know whats going on. So not only are the dealers in the dark, internal people are as well. Now its not too unconventional that they don't know whats going on. Huge companies, projects are compartmentalized. Ford performance are also busy with last minute testing of the new GT500 roll out and another surprise mustang coming out that hasn't been revealed yet. However what is strange is they CAN'T FIND out whats going. They have asked and get nothing. They say this leans not to a design flaw, that would need a redesign, but a production issue that is plant based. Anything from bad welds, to paint, to fit issues. Also possibly supplier issues where a part is not up to spec and was installed and this problem was identified after the fact. Again the Brake issue is an issue, but not the overwhelming issue. I hope to have an answer on whats going on by 3 today. (FYI compound the problem Ford is having an issue with there tracking system and will have a massive status update Friday night or early Saturday morning on a huge number of vehicles. So don't be surprised if no movement until then.)
Any Updates from your Thursday post?

I’ve seen a few on the dealer lots. Only limited trim though

Be posting an update in a few minutes.

Anyone else have the Jeopardy theme song playing in their head?

Ok guys sorry. My work life has been kickin my rear. So I’ve been sitting on this for awhile and haven’t wanted to report this because I can’t collaberate it with someone directly related to Explorer within Ford Motor. This info does come from within Ford Motor but not someone that I know extremely well. Take this with a GIANT grain of salt. Supposedly the issue is with the gear selector and the 10 speed transmission. Supossidly they have either a bunch of faulty PRND rotary switches and or they where installed incorrectly. The gear indicator is not lining up on the rotary dial with what gear ur in and or sometimes the transmission doesn’t shift into the desired gear. AKA Reverse Drive etc. Far as I understand they are switching ALL of them out that are in autowarehousing because that’s a pretty big saftey issue. This would make since why ALL explorers are effected because all come with the 10 speed auto and rotary shifter. I am lead to believe this is a part/supplier problem and all Ford explorers that received the rotary switch out of a certain batch from the supplier where pulled and warehoused. So this might not effect builds earlier than June 15-16. I have ordered another ST with a priority 1. I believe I will get that faster than my current order that’s been autowarehoused since the 19th. Again until I can confirm take this with a large grain of salt but thought I share.

Speaking with experience of special orders through Ford a lot of 15 mustangs where autowarehoused and it took 2-6 months for those vehicles to ship. I know some members have already been waiting for a month. And every launch and case is different. Maybe the explorer will move faster than mustang issue in 15. My vehicle then wasn’t effected. But if u can get. Priority 1 order you might want to take that route.

If your vehicle is on a train stuck for weeks with no update I’m not sure what to tell you. Maybe shipping delays. I know for a fact some vehicles built 6/26 time frame where not effected. Even if the rotary shifter info turns out to be false I wouldn’t lose out hope yet for those vehicles. Is there a chance they where called back yes...but I have zero insight into that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ST Owners Facebook page. Couple people just got these recall notices.

Screenshot_20190806-221536_Facebook.jpg

Back