Explorer Eating tires, alignment off in 6 days!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Eating tires, alignment off in 6 days!!

cabrego

Reaction score
City, State
South Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport!
What could cause my alignment to be this off in 6 days?

The back story is that we've been struggling trying to figure out why our explorer has been experiencing abnormal tire wear to the tune of about 10 replaced tires in ~2.5 year, with a new set of 4 today.

At this point I'm assuming some suspension components need to be replaced but after several visits to the shops around town , no one can pin point any obvious issues.

Here is my most recent set of alignment data. As you can see in just 6 days the alignment has been thrown off. My wife drives the car for work and it's mostly highway miles. The data on the left is from 6 days ago when the alignment was completed, on the right is today before replacing tires and getting realigned.

Clearly something is wrong!

20200130_202105.jpg

Just to follow up on this.... I believe my abnormal wear was due to faulty and cracked rear toes as cited in recall. The rear toe catastrophically failed nearly causing a major accident. I was after fixing the rear toes under recall, but I we no longer have this issue.

Thanks for reporting back on the issue.

Peter

Back