Explorer Express Supercharger Kit 5.0 V8 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Express Supercharger Kit 5.0 V8

I have been talking to explorer express and seeing what it would take for them to make a super charger kit for the 5.0 explorers again. This kit would have a 4th gen blower on it. So it would be a little different then the original kit but not much. So anyways they have given me a number of kits that would have to be sold for them to even make them. So I guess I am here to gauge interest. So who all is interested? I will talk to them about the price and how many units need to be sold for them to do this and then let every one know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya, In the end, were all idiots if we look at the kind of money we spend on our vehicles. There really is no worse investment. We do it because we enjoy it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep thats what it comes down to.its fun and you cant put a price on happiness! !!;) I just want more SC explorer or rangers out there.right now we are a small family.

Edit or turbo...some are lucky enough to have both:shifty_ey:shifty_ey

The m90 was plenty on my 3.8l V6 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, sure made that little motor pull like a v8!

I test drove a guys F250 with fresh 460 and Vortech at only 4 lbs! A big engine with a little boost that went very good!

I will adapt a used Powerdyne kit for 5.0 Mustang to my Explorer, but first we play with the Banshee kit on the 2001 Ranger. I will tune each with a Tweecer. I am not a street racer or interested in going to the drag strip. I probably won't put them on a dyno. It will be fun and half the price of building to supercharge at higher boost. If I wanted to go real fast I'd build or buy a Mustang not a heavy truck and certainly not a 4X4. Both of these rigs will be fun with an extra kick to get them moving.

I obviously think the route to go is to convert a centrifugal type blower for a Mustang. No hood clearance issues but we will see what it take to make or adapt a mounting bracket.

I will adapt a used Powerdyne kit for 5.0 Mustang to my Explorer

I obviously think the route to go is to convert a centrifugal type blower for a Mustang. No hood clearance issues but we will see what it take to make or adapt a mounting bracket.

Make sure you do a thread on this. I have not seen this done. I agree, it might be a reasonably easy solution to up the higher rpm power.

Look at rwenzing's ranger, or the saleen explorers, those are good examples of centrifugal blowers on the 5.0 in a second Gen ex/ranger, I have a paxton kit that i hope to get around to someday

I found the Powerdyne BD11 to hit full boost of 6lbs at 2,500RPM in my bronco, 302 with a mild stock type cam. It made good power to, 5,400 rpm. That would be mid range and up, Not just high RPM. The boost came on slowly too, not all at once and peaky, 3lbs at 1500rpm under high load. Powerdyne claims more boost at lower rpm with their impeller design, makes sense in a truck not so much in a Mustang or higher boost application.

I will do a write-up, have seen the Saleens and can fab ****.

I got the Banshee kit today for the 4.0 Ranger. It looks very complete. I would think an M90 would be pressed to keep up with a modified 5.0, but it will make some fun power on the 4.0

The Ranger gets done first and not till Spring.

Tweecer has a chip now with a single tune for your build for $275 and they go all the way up to dealer packages. I got the RT to tune these rigs myself. It's a better deal than SCT, can be upgraded, and he does remote tuning.

"Blown" again soon :salute:

o yea for sure.dont think anyone was saying ""you should've done it this way"" I certainly wasn't trying to, especially sense I run a m90 SC.lol hell you all know my plans, im crazy enough to drop a another $4k into my setup;)

BTDT..... built up a 349 to boost and realized in a heavy Bronc:salute: I wanted more torque. I learned and got close too 500HP/ftlb torque with a budget stroked 393 at 6lbs of boost. Then I still wanted more:chug: I could spin 40's on dry pavement.

Back