• Register Today It's free!

Explorer from Snow to Dry Heat

Shahid88

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Explorer Platinum
Hi All,, I bought ever first Ford Explorer Platinum 2017 back in Aug 2020. Drove for about 3years in MA/CT states, and now moved to Arizona in this year 2023. New to this forum to get insight of other fellow Explorer users.

Is it normal for Explorer Platinum to give avg of 14-15/gal in city?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to this forum! Stop & go traffic with air conditioning decreases mileage. My neighborhood has red lights & stop signs on each block so revving the engine just to go a block then hitting the brakes reduces mileage, brake pad thickness, and causes a lot of wear & tear. I get close to 100 miles per 21 gallon tank, and 120 miles on very rare occasions.

Welcome to this forum! Stop & go traffic with air conditioning decreases mileage. My neighborhood has red lights & stop signs on each block so revving the engine just to go a block then hitting the brakes reduces mileage, brake pad thickness, and causes a lot of wear & tear. I get close to 100 miles per 21 gallon tank, and 120 miles on very rare occasions.
Thanks for reply. I was thinking that may be Im missing something. Someone recommended to use Gas Cleaner couple.

Also my tank is around 17gal I think. Because when it's showing me 0miles to empty with red light. And I went to gas station to fill the tank, it get filled within 17gal.

Also my tank is around 17gal I think. Because when it's showing me 0miles to empty with red light. And I went to gas station to fill the tank, it get filled within 17gal.
Don't run it that low on gas - gas is what lubes the fuel pump in the tank, want to keep that healthy!

Thanks . Yeah, I think made a mistake in the past to keep it low near to empty. Will try best to fill the tank when it's quarter to empty

Back